Plaston Granule Finishes
Plaston GRANULE finishes are 100% acrylic and polymer based wall coatings. All Plaston GRANULE finishes are factory mixed and integrally pigmented. They are designed to provide decorative, durable and protective wall coatings for exterior applications, available in different textures, finishes, and in an unlimited array of colors. Also Plaston GRANULE finishes provide a textured coating for substrates like concrete, stucco, and unit masonry and they can be used for any Plaston EIF system.
Textures and Color
The Plaston GRANULE finishes are available in eight different textures and 70 standard colors. Custom colors are available upon request.
- Ambient and surface temperatures must be 40°F (4°) or above during application and curing time. Supplemental heat and protection from rain must be provided, as needed for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Avoid application in direct sunlight and excessive heat exposures.
- To adjust workability only clean potable water shall be used. Over watering should be avoided.
The drying time depends upon weather conditions. The Plaston GRANULE shall be protected from rain or adverse drying conditions for at least 24 hrs. Cool and humid weather significantly extends curing time.
- All substrates must be clean, dry, structurally sound, free of oil and form release agents, and curing compounds.
- In Plaston EIF Systems, the GRANULE finish is applied directly to the cured and flat Plaston Base Coat. All visible irregularities must be corrected prior to GRANULE application.
- When applied over concrete or stucco, the substrate should be completely cured and be free of form release agents and other contaminants or excessive moisture before applying Plaston GRANULE finish. All surface irregularities must be ground down and voids should be filled using Plaston Base Coat.
- When Plaston GRANULE is applied over masonry, it is required to skim coat the surface with Plaston Base Coat to achieve a smooth and level substrate. Allow the base coat at least 24 hours to cure before applying the GRANULE finish
- Plaston Primer is recommended prior to the finish coat application, to stabilize wall porosity and improve adhesion.
- The finish coat must be mixed thoroughly in its original shipping container using a rust-free high speed mixer, until a uniform consistency is achieved.
- A small amount of clean and potable water may be added to adjust workability.
- No additives of any other kind are allowed.
- Using the flat edge of a stainless steel trowel, apply the Plaston GRANULE finish to the wall at a thickness slightly thicker than the largest aggregate. Spread evenly, and scrape down to a thickness equal to the size of the largest aggregate.
- Start floating the finish coat immediately to achieve the final texture. The finish should be applied continuously, working to a wet edge, so as to eliminate cold joints. The finish should be protected from rain and freezing until completely dries.
- When using a roller or sprayer, apply in a smooth and even coat maintaining a wet edge.
Packaging and Storage
Plaston GRANULE is packaged in five gallon (70lb) plastic pails and should be stored in its original shipping container at temperature not less than 40°F (4°C) or greater than 110°F (43°C), away from direct sunlight, off the ground, and in a cool and dry area.Plaston GRANULE has a shelf life of 12 months when properly stored and sealed.